Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sure played a mean pinball

For Andy's birthday, I drove him, his roommate and a couple friends from his cohort--and myself of course--out to a pinball museum last night in Alameda and as the majority of the games there are playable (90 to be exact), we had a blast playing all the machines for two and a half hours. I suspect Andy would have stayed much much longer if it hadn't been closing time. I never imagined how addictive pinball could be! It's especially so when you start on the 2-3 player friendly machines and get into a competitive groove. And it's especially so when the Indiana Jones themed game has a gun for the ball launcher which you pull the trigger on to "shoot" the ball!! Anyway, tell your friends and tell your family if you decide to go. Then they will know where to find you when you go missing.

I mentioned recently that I was most likely taking the GRE again (graduate record examination) and was thinking of changing my focus somewhat from school counseling to psychology research. I feel pretty good about it now. If I take it slow, I feel I will be able to transition through all the stages of the process more readily, whereas in the past, even with simple projects, I sometimes rushed myself out of excitement and enthusiasm and then lost steam or got discouraged when things were changing too quickly or not quickly enough.

Anyhow, I believe the coming of spring has been an enormously uplifting event for me. New births, new life, new outlook. Peace for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment