Monday, June 1, 2009

My favorite ways to stay motivated

YES. This week IS better. Don't know how, but I must have gotten sick of the pouty face I had going on for the last two weeks. It just doesn't match the clothes I have that are still clean. That and maybe the pint of ice cream I had last night wasn't sitting right. Well, that being said, I'd like to tell you all the many ways one might maintain motivation and productivity. And by "one," I basically mean myself, but if it works for you too, great!

1. Work on work that is actually for the company you work for. Funny how that isn't a given.

2. Eat oatmeal for breakfast. With brown sugar and raisins. And drink some English breakfast tea. Two cups.

3. If writing a cover letter, let friends read it and give you their opinions. This not only let's you be social while "working," it also eases the pressure of applying to said job when at least one other person thinks your letter doesn't suck.

4. Drink lots of water. You NEED it. In the least, it gives an excuse to get up off your butt to go to the bathroom a lot, which means more time walking around and less time working on the butt shaped indent in your office chair.

5. Smell the flowers. I'm dead serious. The jasmine on my street is INCREDIBLE. Ahhhh... Oh yeah, and identify the mourning dove whose call you keep hearing. And hug a tree. :-P And pet a cat.

6. Exercise, even if you don't want to. This is a tough one some days.

7. Talk to your mom. Or someone you love. I just so happened to talk to my mom today, who very kindly put some books on hold for me at The Bookman. And there's number 8.

8. Read. Which I am about to do!

9. Talk to your friends and family about what motivates you.

Okay, this may just be what I did today. But it was a pretty good day, so it must be all these things, right?? I forgot the most important thing though:

10. Love yourself, even when you aren't motivated. Love yourself for being unmotivated sometimes. I think that's how we take a break from life to actually live and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment